I am directed to state that the Governor of the Punjab has been pleased to sanction Special Allowance – 2021 with effect from June 1, 2021 and till further orders to the Civil Servants of the Punjab Government in BS-1 to BS-19 25% of initial of Basic Pay Scales, 2017 and contract employees employed against civil post in basic pay scale BS-1 to BS-19 subject to the following that the Allowance shall:-
- be subject to Income Tax.
- be admissible during leave and entire period of LPR except during extra ordinary leave.
- not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of pension / gratuity and recovery of House Rent.
- not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting / deputation in Federal / Other Provincial Government including AJK & GB as well as deputation on abroad.
- be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them they had not proceeded on deputation.
Those employees who are drawing any type of cadre / service specific allowance(s) are not entitled to the aforesaid Special Allowance The subject allowance is only admissible to the employees who are drawing their pay in the relevant basic pay scale along with only following allowances:.
- House Rent Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Adhoc Relief Allowance.. 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
Furthermore, the subject allowance is not admissible to the employees drawing lump-sum pay packages as well as employees of Autonomous Bodies. Special Institutions and Companies.
The aforementioned allowance shall be paid in the Financial Year 2021-2022. Moreover, the concerned DDO, the Accountant General, Punjab and the concerned District Account Officer, as the case may be, shall be responsible to ensure its payment to the eligible employees only. In case of over payment to ineligible employees, these authorities and offices shall be held personally responsible even if any such recovery is effected against such wrong payment(s).
Special Allowance @ 25% 2021 Punjab
As announced by Hon’ble Chief Minister Punjab dated 25.05.2021, “the Government of Punjab has decided to give 25% special allowance to those employees of BS-1 top BS-19 who are not getting any allowance other than their salaries from the next month so that difference may be reduced in their salaries to bring betterment in their economic condition ”. The matter will be followed up and expedited through the concerned forum.
The matter regarding up-gradation of employees of National Health Program with reference to note for Minister, Law and Parliamentary vide No.SO(C&C) 1-1/2020(M) Misc. dated 19.03.2021 will got expedited through the concerned department to finalize the matter.